We are actively evaluating the evolving international outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) and working with healthcare partners at the state and federal levels. We are focusing on the well-being of our employees to continue providing robust services and to reduce transmission in our community.
We offer ride-along experiences for EMS students and hospital Medical students.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Carthage Fire Department (CFD). CFD is a professional organization willing to provide students with the opportunity to observe medical and fire responses on a non-emergent and emergent level. Many times, it is difficult to understand the profession of a First Responder until you have seen it first-hand.
Print and complete the Release and Liability Waiver (PDF) and bring the Release and Liability waiver to the Carthage Fire Department at 401 W Chestnut, Carthage, MO. Fill out these forms completely. Please read this form carefully before signing; as we will hold you responsible for adhering to the expectations.
We hope you have a positive learning experience and an enjoyable time.
Third Rider Citizen Expectations
- All third riders must be at least 16 years of age. If the third rider is under the age of 18, a parent guardian must sign a release form.
- The form must be read, completed, and signed, to include: Release and Liability Waiver.
- The Carthage Fire Department will conduct a background check on all individuals applying for a Third Ride.
- A picture ID must be presented to the station officer at the time of the ride.
- No use of controlled substance or consumption of any alcohol within eight hours prior to the ride.
- No profane or abusive language or behavior or otherwise inappropriate behavior during the ride.
- Do not operate any department vehicles or unauthorized equipment.
- Do not carry or wear any weapons.
- Do not carry or operate any recording devices or cameras.
- Operate under the direction of the Station Officer at all times.
- Third Riders must be groomed and dressed appropriately, including acceptable personal hygiene. A station officer has the discretion and authority to deny the ride due to unacceptable grooming and clothing.
- Riders must be dressed in:
- Dark pants (no jeans or shorts).
- Light blue or white button-down or polo type shirt (shirts must have a collar, t-shirts are not allowed).
- Dark-colored shoes must be worn.